Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the best fully funded scholarships designed to assist outstanding students outside UK.
However, the scholarship is mainly for Masters and PHD degrees. Undergraduate students are not allowed to apply.
Additionally, the information here will guide you on all details you need to know about this scholarship including how to successfully apply.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. The first class of scholars came into residence in October 2001. Since then, the Trust has awarded over 2,000 scholarships to scholars from more than 100 countries.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Leadership potential
- Reasons for choice of course
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- Applicant must be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge: PhD (full-time or part-time*) andMLitt (full-time)
- One year postgraduate course (full-time), with some exceptions – see below
* For October 2023 entry, Gates Cambridge is piloting a scheme which allows applicants to apply for funding for a part-time doctoral degree.
Funding at Cambridge
If you not eligible for Gates Scholarship, they’re other scholarship funding offered by the University of Cambridge. See here www.student-funding.cam.ac.uk
Gates Cambridge does NOT consider the following courses:
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MASt courses
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time, Home students only)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees other than the PhD
- Non-degree courses
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidate who met the above criteria can hurry now and apply through the official application link. https://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/timeline/