Are you searching for Rhodes Global Scholarships for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford to study in the United Kingdom? Do you have interest in doing your postgraduate study programme in the UK? If your answer is yes then you are on the right page.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate scholarship which enables talented and brilliant young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Applying for this scholarship award can be very very challenging. Though, we have listed out some guides that will enable you apply for the Rhodes Global Scholarships with ease.
- Nationality / citizenship: You may only apply to the Global Scholarships if you are not eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes constituency (https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes scholarshipconstituencies/). If you have a strong connection to one or more Rhodes constituency but do not meet their eligibility criteria you should also consider inter-jurisdictional consideration rather than the Global Scholarship.
- Age: You must meet either of the below criteria:
- On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004). OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021*
- Academic achievement: You must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum – meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford. Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria
Application Opens from 1st June, 2022.
How to Apply for Rhodes Global Scholarships 2022
You will not be able to submit your Rhodes Global Scholarships application form without being nominated by your University. To submit your application for the Global Scholarships, you must first of all obtain a letter of nomination from your university.
You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 1st August 2022. Also, no applicant can nominate him/herself as the details of your nomination form will be submitted online.